Okay, before I get to the recipe, let me tell you WHY you should fall in love with these truffles, besides for the fact that they are ridiculously easy to make and taste exactly like pumpkin pie!
The two main ingredients, Pumpkin and coconut butter, are really good for you!
Pumpkin is high in beta-carotene. Experts say (CONTINUE READING HERE) that consuming 3-6 milligrams of beta-carotene a day will maintain blood levels (of beta-carotene) in a range that’s associated with a lower risk of chronic diseases and cancers. You’ll meet that recommendation by eating just one-half cup of cooked pumpkin! Also, If you swap pumpkin for rice or pasta, you’ll actually save calories AND carbs! Keep that in mind if you are carb-conscious (like me!).
Coconut butter also has some great health benefits AND it is not made up of pure fat like its friend, coconut oil. It touts 2 grams of fiber per tablespoon as well as potassium, magnesium, and iron – and that’s in just one tablespoon!
Kay, now for the recipe, which I tweaked from mywholefoodlife.com
For the pumpkin:
For the chocolate coating:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (you can use white chocolate, dark, milk, vegan, whatever floats your boat!)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- In the food processor, combine all the ingredients for the pumpkin cream. Blend until smooth.
- Stick the food processor bowl in the fridge to firm up a little. About 10 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop mixture onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer to firm while you make the chocolate mixture.
- To make the chocolate use a double boiler method. Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil.
- Place a glass bowl on top of the pot with the water. Add the chocolate chips and almond milk to the glass bowl and gently melt the chocolate.
- Once all the chocolate is melted, use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over each truffle.
- Place in the fridge to firm up the chocolate.
- Please keep these truffles in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks. You can freeze them for longer storage. Eat up!!!